Favorite Quotes

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
— Emilie Buchwald

“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
-- Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Author Highlight: Ashley Bryan

I thought a nice feature to add to the blog would be an author's highlight series.  I will begin by showcasing the works of Ashley Bryan, author and illustrator.




His most recent book is, All things bright and beautiful.   Most of his books are written with African American history in mind.  My favorites are the ones that are based on old, traditional hymns.  I love his style of cut paper illustrations.  His picture books feel like works of stunning art.





He has won the Coretta Scott King Award for illustration, at least 6 Coretta Scott King Honors, the Arbuthnot Prize, is a Fulbright Scholar, and has won the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award.
If you have not experienced the artwork of this talented man, be sure to check out his many other award winning titles.





























Check out this video of the Ashley Bryan:

No comments:

Post a Comment