Favorite Quotes

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
— Emilie Buchwald

“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
-- Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some Recent Good Reads...














I know, I must be living under a rock, but I just finished The Hunger Games.  And of course I have Catching Fire on hold at the library.  I had to read the whole thing in one evening, I could not put it down. I am looking forward to the other books as well.
Here is the trailer for Hunger Games, for those of you who may not have read it yet:



Another good read I recently finished was Star in the Forest.  It was a quick read and dog lovers everywhere are sure to appreciate this title.  This is also the first children's book I have read that includes the topics of deportation and immigration. Check out the author's website for a teacher's guide and an immigration discussion guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment